Common Representation of the European Region Tyrol-South Tyrol-Trentino in Brussels
Welcome to the homepage of the Common Representation of the European Region Tyrol-South Tyrol-Trentino in Brussels, where, in 1995, the three regions founded the first transboundary office.
In 2005 the office moved to the current location in rue de Pascale 45-47, in the heart of the European institutions quarter. On this website you will find information about the tasks, the activities and the events carried out by our office.
Regions: the Pillars of Europe
In 1995 the Land Tyrol and the Autonomous Provinces of Trento and Bolzano/Bozen, the three parts that historically formed the Land Tyrol, estabilished the first trans-boundary EU liaison office. The Common Representation of the European Region Tyrol-South Tyrol -Trentino in the European Union provides an exemplary signal of how three neighboring territories, with common characteristics, can present themselves jointly in the European arena.
The three territories shared a century of common history in the former County of Tyrol, until the end of the First World War, in 1918. In addition to this, the Tyrol region and the two Autonomous Provinces of South Tyrol and Trentino also share the same interests within different sectors due to their geographical proximity and their position in the Alps. With the accession of Austria to the European Union, the idea of a European transboundary region became reality in 1995 by the opening of a common office in Brussels. Notwithstanding the initial doubts of the Italian Government in Rome, the office of the European Region Tyrol-South Tyrol -Trentino has been strengthened and developed as far as becoming an efficient representation office in Brussels.
Nach zehnjähriger Unterbringung der Vertretung in gemieteten Büros entschlossen sich die drei Partner zum Kauf eines repräsentativen Hauses in unmittelbarer Nähe der wichtigen EU-Institutionen Parlament, Kommission, Rat und Ausschuss der Regionen.
The main tasks of the office are:
- Creating a network aimed at gathering information related to the activities of the European Union and transmitting them back to the territorial governmental offices;
- Sustaining officials, offices and territorial associations in the processes of interaction with the institutions and the other bodies of the European Union;
- Specific actions relating to important sectors like for example regional policy, agriculture, social issues, transport, research and education policies;
- Raising awareness of the EU activities aimed at promoting the European integration through a constant information transfer back to the three territories;
- Contacts in order to organize institutional, cultural and promotional events;
Supporting the preparation of visits and meetings between local and regional stakeholders and the representatives of the European institutions, as well as assisting groups of visitors in organizing their visit in the “European Capital”.